Saturday, December 10, 2011

DIY Boom

I've often heard that sound can literally make or break your production. Well, if audio is so important, then audio equipment is a must for the wannabe filmmaker. Unfortunately, audio equipment tends to be pricey, with things as simple as booms going for over $100.

Well, frustrated as I was with this, I went around, scouring the Internet, and I found this:



Eager to try this out, I skipped the last two steps, and came up with this:


As you can see, my version isn't exactly the same as in the video. Since I already had a Rode Videomic (which is relatively cheap, running at around $150, although I got it for $120), I took off the shoe accessory and connected it straight to the 3/8" screw and... voila.

Also, I got a 20ft extension for my mic cable at Radio Shack for around $15. All in all, my DIY boom cost me around $35, but that's just because I added some of my own personal adjustments. Still, it's a lot cheaper than $150, and it gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment